HTML5 – Important Features of Responsive Web Design
The demand for responsive websites has only increased in the recent past. With more and more smartphones, tablets and phablets getting launched every month, the demand for easy website navigation on the hand-held devices is increasing. It goes without saying that with the increasing demands of the customers, the mobile and hand-held device manufacturers are putting their bucks on responsive web design. Thankfully, HTML5 got launched at this opportune time when the web developers and designers were struggling with getting their designs right. HTML5 made it possible for designers to integrate multimedia as well as responsive codes in the base codes, reducing their work to a large extent.
- Inserting Video Elements: One of the main reasons why HTML5 has found so much acceptance in the market is because of its ability to insert video elements without relying on third-party plugins. Earlier, inserting any video within a website’s code meant inserting a third-party code within the site’s base code. Now with the in-built video insertion codes, designers have the power to add more striking features to a site.
- Application Cache: Making it easier for browsing while on the go, HTML5 enables html developers to stock web apps much like what used to happen with Microsoft Outlook. The only difference from Outlook is that in application cache, you don’t need the email client requirement. The application cache feature is being heavily endorsed by the likes of Google which just proves its viability.
- Use of the Canvas Feature: One of the new codes that have been included in HTML5 is <canvas> that enables developers to play with graphics and manipulate photos – all this with the purpose of helping in easy viewing. Earlier designers had to rely on the mid-way solution of jQuery but today with the Canvas feature, time and effort both are saved. Now designers can get graphical content on the fly.
- Geolocation: GPS (Global Positioning system), RFID (Radio frequency ID), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth MAC address and GSM/CDMA cell IDs are some of the sought-after features in hand-held devices. It is because of the availability of these features that the demand for smartphones has increased. HTML5 has also made it possible to play with the above-mentioned features. The geolocation specification can be used only by authorized designers and it is basically an API which allows web applications to simply access any location data.
Author Bio: This post is contributed by Andrew Johnson, who is founder of BestPSDtoHTML. He loves writing about creative designs, website development, technologies and everything about latest innovations. As an Internet entrepreneur, he constantly tries to inspire people about PSD to WordPress conversions, being the latest trend in the market. He has been prophetic in identifying the best ways to leverage and harness such news to drive sales growth for companies ranging from start-ups to huge organizations.
- 815 total views
- Sep 9, 2013
- Category : Technology and Apps