The Node.js project has recently released its latest version Node.js 10.0.0 on 24th April. It is the seventh major Node.js release since the launch of the Node.js Foundation. It is going to be the next Active Long Term Support(LTS) branch in October of 2018. So, it will be supported for next three years. Some of its key improvements include adding support for the OpenSSL 1.1.0 security toolkit. However, it focuses mainly on incremental improvements.
Being a point update, this version arrives with full support for N-API, LTS status to come, and more unique features.
In this blog, you will find some of the key updates of iOS 11.0.3 in details along with some major updates on its previous versions.
Click here to download its latest version.
1) With the adoption of error codes, there are error-handling improvements in order to ease constant error-checking.
3) Performance boosts via V8, including for the async generator and array.
4) An API in version 10.0.0 allows user code to enable and disable trace events on demand at runtime, for greater flexibility in diagnosing problems in applications.
5) Increased visibility into code performance issues via trace events, with the 10.0.0 release.
– Better ECMAScript module support (ES) 6. Node.js has had its own module system, but ECMAScript 6 offers a standardized module system. The plan is to provide an ECMAScript 6 implementation compatible with the browser that coexists with the existing Node.js modules.
– HTTP/2, a higher-performing successor to HTTP.
Check out the complete Node.js 10 changelog and its new additions by clicking here.
– Continued progress in security triage for third-party NPM modules.
– Functional tests for third-party modules, to ensure that dependencies are maintained.
– Better diagnostic capabilities, which is becoming a more important area since Node.js is increasingly used in production applications.
– Support for more construction/automation infrastructure, with additional support for tools and scripts. Support will be added for newer operating systems, while older operating systems would be discarded.
Read More: PHP or NodeJS: which is more secure?
As far we have seen, Node.js 10.0.0 update provides you various new features especially the security ones and much more as already listed above. You might not be confused now for not upgrading to its latest version after becoming aware of its various unique security features.
In fact, you can easily install Node.js 10.0.0 by downloading it from its website on your device.However, if you still found any difficulty with its downloading or upgrading process, then you are free to get an expert advice from our Node.js developers at ValueCoders.ValueCoders, an Indian IT outsourcing company, provides expert software development teams for Node.js development, for all your web development needs. Contact Us Today!!
We Brew Our Blogs Especially For Startups, Agencies & CTOs. Subscribe & Get Latest Updates Straight To Your Inbox
Save Upto 50% Of Development Cost and Get 2x Faster DeliveryCONTACT US
On May 3, 2018, the Angular team announced the new version of Angular called as Angular 6. This released is focused on improving Angular toolchain. Angular is one of […] - Read More
Google has released the first beta SDK of Flutter, a mobile UI framework, which helps developers in creating interfaces for the apps on Android as well as the iOS […] - Read More
While Pokémon GO is ruling the app stores , Prisma is also catching everybody's eyes. This photo app originated from Germany has gone viral in only five weeks […] - Read More
Next.js has reached version 8. Next.js is a React framework for static and server applications. The latest version includes features such as Server.js without the […] - Read More
Google has launched Google Play Security Reward Program just a few days back in coordination with bug bounty platform HackerOne. However, Google itself runs its own bug […] - Read More
Owners of WordPress-based websites should update the Jetpack plug-in as soon as possible because of a serious flaw that could expose their users to attacks. Jetpack […] - Read More