The Node.js project has recently released its latest version Node.js 10.0.0 on 24th April. It is the seventh major Node.js release since the launch of the Node.js Foundation. It is going to be the next Active Long Term Support(LTS) branch in October of 2018. So, it will be supported for next three years. Some of its key improvements include adding support for the OpenSSL 1.1.0 security toolkit. However, it focuses mainly on incremental improvements.
Being a point update, this version arrives with full support for N-API, LTS status to come, and more unique features.
In this blog, you will find some of the key updates of iOS 11.0.3 in details along with some major updates on its previous versions.
Click here to download its latest version.
While Node.js 10.0.0 ships with NPM 5.7, the 10.x line will be upgraded to NPM Version 6 later on; NPM 6 will offer performance, stability, and security improvements. In addition to its security support, some other features in the Node.js 10.0.0 release include the following:
1) With the adoption of error codes, there are error-handling improvements in order to ease constant error-checking.
3) Performance boosts via V8, including for the async generator and array.
4) An API in version 10.0.0 allows user code to enable and disable trace events on demand at runtime, for greater flexibility in diagnosing problems in applications.
5) Increased visibility into code performance issues via trace events, with the 10.0.0 release.
Read this: Top 10 Advantages of Using NodeJS
However, there are more features to come in the later versions of the Node.js 10.0.0. Some of these features are listed below:
– Better ECMAScript module support (ES) 6. Node.js has had its own module system, but ECMAScript 6 offers a standardized module system. The plan is to provide an ECMAScript 6 implementation compatible with the browser that coexists with the existing Node.js modules.
– HTTP/2, a higher-performing successor to HTTP.
Checkout the following Node.js 10.0.0 changelog:
Check out the complete Node.js 10 changelog and its new additions by clicking here.
Other efforts in the Node.js project, which are not directly related to the Node.js 10 or Node.js 11 launch lines, include:
– Continued progress in security triage for third-party NPM modules.
– Functional tests for third-party modules, to ensure that dependencies are maintained.
The following characteristics are expected to reach Node.js 11.x:
– Better diagnostic capabilities, which is becoming a more important area since Node.js is increasingly used in production applications.
– Support for more construction/automation infrastructure, with additional support for tools and scripts. Support will be added for newer operating systems, while older operating systems would be discarded.
Read More: PHP or NodeJS: which is more secure?
As far we have seen, Node.js 10.0.0 update provides you various new features especially the security ones and much more as already listed above. You might not be confused now for not upgrading to its latest version after becoming aware of its various unique security features.
In fact, you can easily install Node.js 10.0.0 by downloading it from its website on your device.However, if you still found any difficulty with its downloading or upgrading process, then you are free to get an expert advice from our Node.js developers at ValueCoders.ValueCoders, an Indian IT outsourcing company, provides expert software development teams for Node.js development, for all your web development needs. Contact Us Today!!