The world of web development is changing rapidly, and the old models for developing a website or app are becoming outdated. These days, there are three main frameworks that you can use to develop your site — Full-Stack, MEAN, and MERN. Each of these stack frameworks has its strengths and weaknesses, so it is important for your business to understand them before starting working on the app development part.
So, let’s get started and know which among Full-Stack vs MEAN vs MERN will be best for your website development…
The Full-stack framework is the traditional way of developing web applications. It has been around for many years, and it allows to build both front-end and back-ending aspects of a system together using one programming language. This can save time compared to other frameworks since everything is developed at once by only one team of programmers. However, Full-stack can be difficult to maintain, especially if you are building a large application.
Pros and Cons of Full Stack
Image Source: Radixweb
- Increased Development Efficiency: Full Stack allows to develop front-end and back-end of the application at once, so it saves time.
- More Code Reuse: Full-stack developers can reuse the code from their previous project, which will help them in saving time.
- High Performance: This framework is highly optimized for performance.
- Difficult to maintain: Since both front end and backend are combined, it becomes hard to handle a large number of changes in an application.
- Scalability Issues: Scalability can be difficult with Full-Stack.
- Increased Development Costs: In full-stack, you need to hire a single person for both front and back-end development, whereas other frameworks allow hiring separate people for front-end and back-end. So this increases your cost by 40–50% of a single full stack developer salary.
In order to make appropriate use of Full Stack in web app development, Hire Full Stack Developer India from the top Full Stack Development Company In India
Pros and Cons of MEAN Stack
Image Source: Amar Infotech
- Cost-Effective: This framework is less expensive than Full-Stack because you can hire only a single front-end and back-end developer for two different jobs.
- Compatible with Cloud: This framework is compatible with the cloud, so you can develop your app on the cloud.
- Increased Productivity: Development speed increases because there are fewer languages involved in this stack than other frameworks.
- Poor Documentation: This framework has poor documentation, which makes it difficult to learn and work on a project using MEAN Stack for beginners.
- Not Compatible with all browsers: This framework might not support older versions of Internet Explorer, so it will have compatibility issues in some cases.
If you are thinking of using MEAN Stack to create a leading web application, think of availing MEAN Stack Development Services from the excellent MEAN Stack Development Company In India.
MERN (MongoDB, ExpressJS, React.js, and Node.js) is the newest of all these frameworks; it was actually created in 2015 by a group of developers who were dissatisfied with MEAN’s lack of flexibility when using different technologies for front-end and back-end aspects.
The advantage of using this framework is that each part can be used alone if you decide to use one component of the stack instead of all four at once. This allows for more flexibility if you are working on a project that requires altering the web app development process.
Pros and Cons of MERN Stack
Image Source: ReactBytes
- MVC Architecture: MERN uses the traditional MVC architecture, which makes it easy to maintain and update apps that have been formed using this framework.
- Flexible Architecture: Since front-end, back-end, or both can be used independently from each other as required by a project, it becomes easier to manage them without making changes in their structure.
- Not Popular: Since this is a new framework, it doesn’t have much popularity compared to other frameworks.
- Not as much support and documentation compared to the other frameworks (MEAN and Full-Stack.
To make efficient use of MEAN, you can take help from MERN Stack Developers India. By doing so, you will be able to make use of MERN’s crucial features and functionalities
Full-Stack vs MEAN vs MERN: Comparison Between Three Stack Technologies
Image Source: Becoming Human
Here I have compared the various parameters which will help you know which framework is best among Full Stack, MEAN, and MERN.
Full-stack and MEAN are similar in terms of performance; both perform well for websites with average traffic. However, if your website or web app needs to handle a lot of users at once (social media sites such as Instagram, Facebook (Fb), etc.), then you should choose MERN over the other two frameworks because it is better optimized for handling many different requests simultaneously.
Full-stack is inferior to the other two frameworks when it comes to user experience. You will have a hard time implementing certain features such as animations, scrolling effects, and responsive layouts using the full-stack framework since you need to write extra code for these purposes.
MEAN requires less development time compared with the other two frameworks because there are fewer languages involved in its implementation. On the other hand, Full-stack and MERN require more time for development since you need to use different languages on the front-end and back-ending sides.
Ease of Use
Full-stack has been around longer than MEAN; hence, this framework enjoys greater community support compared to the other two frameworks. However, all three have active communities, so you should not have a problem finding the help you need.
MEAN, and MERN offers better scalability compared to full-stack since they allow you to use only one programming language for both front-end and back-end aspects. On the other hand, Full Stack is not well optimized for handling large loads of users simultaneously, so it might prove difficult if your website or web app becomes popular quickly.
MEAN, and MERN offers better productivity compared to Full Stack since you only need a single programming language for all development. However, Full Stack is easier to debug in the early stages of development, so it has an advantage when it comes to debugging code quickly.
MEAN is the only framework that provides built-in functions for caching, file uploads and downloads, real-time communication using Socket.IO, authentication/authorization features out of the box. On the other hand, MERN offers all these features as well since it was created to overcome MEAN’s limitations in terms of flexibility when incorporating different technologies for web front-end and back-end sides. In comparison, Full Stack also provides any features that are out-of-the-box.
Full-Stack vs MEAN vs MERN: Comparison Table
The comparison table of Full-stack vs MEAN vs MERN compares various factors of each framework. Seeing this, you can know which one will be better for your business web app development.
|Third-Party Support||Provides various libraries, which include jQuery, LESS, etc.||Provides various different ready to use features||Require additional libraries for supporting similar requests|
Full-Stack vs MEAN vs MERN: Which One Is Best?
MEAN is the best framework among Full Stack, MERN, and MEAN. It renders several advantages over the other two frameworks such as better performance, security, development time, ease of use, community support, and scalability compared to Full Stack while being on par with MERN when it comes to user experience and productively since both have a single programming language for both front-end and back-end sides.
Full-Stack is a more general platform that can be used to create any type of application. MEAN and MERN is specific technologies for creating back-end applications with different strengths in performance and scalability.
If you’re looking for the best technology stack solution to get started on your next project, it’s worth to get connecting with the best web app development company to Hire Dedicated Full Stack Developer, MEAN Stack Developers India, and MERN Stack Developers India by doing so you will be to make appropriate decisions keeping business projects requirement in mind.