Let’s look at some stats to see the progress of IoT in healthcare:
- It has been estimated by Business Insider that by 2020, IoT devices in healthcare will be more than 161 million units.
- According to a new report from MarketResearch.com, the healthcare Internet of Things market segment is poised to hit $117 billion by 2020.
Source: Business Insider
What is the current state of IoT in HealthCare?
It is not tough to say that the healthcare industry is in huge despair. With the increase in population, healthcare services have been costlier than ever. Hence, basic healthcare has gone beyond the reach of people. It has created havoc on the lives of needful, who are in general need of aid healthcare. As a result, the situation is getting worse with each passing year.
Are IOT applications the magic wand to solve issues in the healthcare industry?
Want to explore IoT App Development for your next project? Hire Expert IoT Developers Here!
What are the benefits of IoT in Healthcare?
The benefits of IoT in healthcare are:
1) Simultaneous Reporting and Monitoring:
2) End-to-End Connectivity and Affordability:
3) Data Assortment and Analysis:
This will reduce the collection of raw data and can drive vital healthcare analytics and data-driven insights, which ultimately reduce errors and speed up decision-making.
4) Tracking and Alerts:
5) Remote Medical Assistance:
There are two sides to this coin. IoT applications in healthcare have also met several challenges on the way
What are the challenges of IoT in healthcare?
1) Data Security and Privacy:
2) Integration: Multiple Devices & Protocols:
3) Data Overload and Accuracy:
You might not be surprised to see this point here. Costs are one of the greater challenges when planning to consider IoT app development for healthcare mobility solutions. However, the costs are completely worth it if the IoT implementation is one that solves a genuine problem.
While you will spend a significant amount of money and resources in developing an IoT application, the returns will be equally huge when your business saves time and manpower, all while improving the business processes, generating more revenue streams, and creating more business opportunities through IoT.
What are the applications of IoT in Healthcare?
- Reducing emergency room wait time
- Tracking patients, staff, and inventory
- Enhancing drug management
- Ensuring the availability of critical hardware
2) Ingestible Sensors:
One of the prominent examples is Proteus Health, which is used for better insights, analysis, and care.
4) Computer Vision Technology:
5) Healthcare Charting:
IoT-powered devices reduce much of the manual work. For instance, a doctor has to use IoT devices during patient charting. Here, IoT sensors can measure all types of od data such as blood pressure, body temperature, etc., and chart it all into an app connected to measurement devices through IoT.
In addition, it makes the patient’s data readily accessible for review. Such an IoT application could save up to 15 hours/ week of a doctor’s manual charting.
How would you want to apply IoT in HEALTHCARE?
We at ValueCoders, have experienced IoT developers working on multiple IoT-based healthcare software projects.
For a FREE consultation, Visit HERE.
Download Your FREE e-Guide NOW!
Discover What, Why & How of "" with this FREE e-Guide!