James KellyCo-founder, Miracle Choice
Get free consultation and let us know your project idea to turn it into an amazing digital product.
A web portal is a website that acts as a gateway to the internet, providing users with a single point of access to a wide range of online resources and services. Portals are designed to appeal to a broad audience and offer different content and features, such as news, weather, stock quotes, directory listings, email, and other web-based services.
Businesses often use web portals to provide employees with quick and easy access to the information and applications they need to do their jobs. By creating a portal, businesses can reduce the training needed for new employees and make it easier for users to find the information they need.
There are many steps involved in developing a web portal. Here’s a brief description of every step for better understanding:
1. Planning: This is the stage where you determine what exactly you want your portal to achieve and what kind of content and features it will need to have. You must also decide on a target audience and identify potential partners or sponsors.
2. Design: Once you have a clear idea of what your web portal should do, you can start designing. It includes creating wireframes and prototypes to flesh out the look and feel of the site and how users will interact with it.
3. Development – This is where the site is built, based on your prototype.
4. Testing – Once the site is live, you must test it thoroughly to ensure everything works as expected. You’ll want to test everything from functionality to usability.
5. After-Release Support – It includes ongoing monitoring, troubleshooting, and evolution & change. This is essential to keep the portal running smoothly and effectively for users. Once the portal is live, it is important to maintain it regularly to ensure optimal performance and address any issues that may arise.
6. App Modernization – It may be necessary to make changes to the portal to keep it up-to-date and relevant. This might include adding new features or functionality or simply updating existing content. The portal should be regularly updated and evolved to keep up with user needs and technology changes.
1. A web portal is a website that aggregates information from other websites on the internet and provides a single, unified interface for users.
A website, on the other hand, contains specific content typically designed and developed to meet the needs of a particular organization or individual.
2. Web portals usually offer a more user-friendly experience because they allow users to navigate between different websites without having to open different browsers or windows. They also provide users with access to features such as search engines, email, chat rooms, and news feeds.
Websites, on the other hand, are generally less user-friendly and typically require more technical expertise to set up and maintain.
3. A website is a collection of web pages that can be accessed with a web browser.
A web portal is a website that provides special facilities and services to its users.
4. One of the main distinctions between a website and a web portal is that individuals or small businesses typically maintain websites.
Web portals are maintained by large organizations, such as corporations or governments.
5. Websites typically contain information that is relevant only to their owners.
Web portals provide access to a wide variety of information resources. Web portals are also often designed to facilitate communication between users, and may include features such as chat rooms, online forums, or email systems.
A few key features account for an outstanding web portal user experience.
Convenient user onboarding: It means providing a clear and concise path for new users to follow so they can get started using the portal quickly and easily.
Diverse user engagement is important: It means offering a variety of ways for users to interact with the portal and its content so they can find what interests them and keep coming back.
Easy content management is crucial: It allows administrators to easily add, update, and delete content on the portal to stay fresh and relevant, keeping it organized and accessible.
Reliability and security: Important factors when choosing a web portal platform. You want to be sure that your portal is reliable and secure so that your users can feel confident using it.
The development of a web portal can help businesses in several ways. Some of them are mentioned here:
Strong Online Presence
It acts as a central hub for all the company’s online presence, including its website, social media accounts, and other online content. Having a portal makes it easy for customers and clients to find everything they need in one place.
Effective Marketing Tool
A well-designed web portal can be an effective marketing tool. By developing a personalized user experience and integrating features such as e-commerce, businesses can make their portal into a one-stop shop for all their products and services, making it convenient for customers and helping increase sales and revenue.
A web portal can automate and streamline various organizational tasks and processes, increasing efficiency overall. For example, a portal can develop an intranet system where employees can access specific information and documents without searching through scattered files. In addition, tasks that are typically performed manually, such as data entry, can often be automated with a web portal.
Improved Communication And Collaboration
A web portal can improve organizational communication and collaboration by providing a central platform for storing and sharing information. When all employees have easy access to the same information, it helps ensure everyone is on the same page.
Effective Business Management
Web portals help streamline internal processes, such as onboarding new staff or approving leave requests. And because they’re accessible from anywhere in the world, web portals can help businesses stay connected with their employees and customers no matter where they are. Web portal development can make businesses more efficient and organized.
There are several ways to find a top web portal development company. Some of them are mentioned here:
By doing these things, you should be able to find a good development company that fits your needs and budget.
Drop us a line and we'll get back to you immediately to schedule a call and discuss your needs personally.
These are answers to some of the questions our clients often have.
ValueCoders is a leading offshore web development company with 17 years of experience. Our expert web developers are well-versed in the latest technologies and trends. We have delivered 500+ web development projects to clients across the globe.
Some features that make us the best choice for web portal development are:
It depends on the features and complexity of the portal. A simple web portal could cost as little as a few thousand dollars, while more complex portals with custom features could cost tens of thousands or more.
Some features that affect the cost include:
-Number of pages/views
-User registration and login
-Custom design or branding
-Integration with other systems or third-party APIs
-Security features (e.g., SSL certificate, fraud protection)
-Storage requirements (e.g., for images or documents)
-Number of users or traffic volume
We specialize in creating the following types of web portals:
We are grateful for our clients’ trust in us, and we take great pride in delivering quality solutions that exceed their expectations. Here is what some of them have to say about us:
Our consultants will respond back within 8 business hours or less.