Developing software that perfectly matches your requirement is never easy. You need a team of skilled software developers whom you can trust. But what are the most efficient ways to find that perfect team? Well, there are a few different ways that we are going to discuss today here in this blog.
- The very first option is that you can hire full-time developers to perform the work for you.
- The second option is to hire freelancers or contract developers from freelancing platforms like Toptal or Upwork.
- The third and most efficient option is to hire experts from the best software outsourcing and development companies like ValueCoders.
These options come with their share of pros and cons, which are important to consider before deciding which option suits you the best.
Hiring Full-Time Developers
Hiring full-time developers means to recruit full-time developers in your team who will dedicatedly work on your project from the office premises or remotely (whichever is suitable) without indulging in any other project.
The pros of hiring full-time developers are many, some of them are:
You get hand-picked dedicated developers to work from your preferred location.
Developers are available at your preferred time
Because of all-time availability, they can address any issues immediately
You can offer them professional training opportunities within office premises
Also, take a look at a few cons of hiring full-time employees:
The cons of hiring full-time employees are:
The biggest con is access to talent is limited. When you search within your region or country, you cannot explore talent available in other countries.
You have to take up the responsibility of training them to match the required skills.
It’s an added headache to finding and recruiting suitable talent.
Hiring Freelancers Or Contract Developers
Freelancers or contract developers are people who work remotely. They work on their equipment (computer and phone), and possess experience in the skills you are looking for. The client here do not concern with the skin color or the place where the freelancer lives. The only thing matters is the quality of work that retains the client.
There are a few pros and cons of hiring freelancers or contract developers. Let’s discuss them in brief:
They work on their machine from a remote location saving the cost of bearing a resource on the office premises.
Hiring freelancers is suitable for a smaller project that doesn’t need much management ro specialized skills.
Freelancers are hired for flexible timings or for a particular project saving the cost of hiring a full-time employee.
Finding a suitable freelancer from the right platform is difficult because they often brag about their skills.
Freelancers work at their convenience, which makes it hard to coordinate.
Freelancers from different country work in different time zones.
It is hard to make freelancers work as per your company policies.
Hiring Experts From A Software Outsourcing And Development Company
Outsourcing software development means you give the work of creating software to someone who specializes in it. It’s a good option if you don’t have enough in-house expertise or don’t want to spend the time and money on hiring for those positions when you can get them done faster and cheaper by hiring an outside company.
- It allows you to focus on other aspects of running your business instead of spending time trying to find someone who can do this for you at a reasonable price.
- It also gives peace of mind knowing that experts handling this aspect of your project who know what they’re doing and won’t make any costly mistakes along the way.
- Hiring talent from software development companies like ValueCoders provides access to the best talent at a fair price.
- These companies hire the best industry experts with years of experience, eliminating the need to train them for any skill or program.
- These experts are easy to hire and can start work immediately after joining your team.
- Coordinating with the hired team is easy because they follow flexible working hours.
- Communication becomes an issue sometimes when the partner company is unaware of the language spoken by the client.
- Cultural misalignment with the partner company is also an issue.
- After understanding these three hiring options, it’s time to compare the platforms that provide these services.
Toptal is a marketplace for top talent. It connects companies looking for great developers, designers, and other IT professionals with the best freelancers on the market. The platform has thousands of top-rated freelancers ready to work on your project. All you need to do is find one that matches your budget and timeline—then get back to building your business!
- Toptal is a platform for hiring freelancers. It was initially a dedicated software developers marketplace. Currently, it serves multiple niches, from design to financial services.
- Toptal sells itself as “an exclusive network of the world’s top freelance software developers, designers, finance experts, product managers, and project managers.
- Toptal believes in helping businesses succeed by providing them with world-class talent at an affordable price.
Upwork is the largest marketplace for freelance talent, with over 3 million users and thousands of jobs posted each month. The platform connects businesses looking for skilled professionals with talented freelancers across many different industries, including IT, marketing, writing, design, and more.
- Upwork ensures that both clients and freelancers feel safe when using the platform.
- They protect user information and have a strict policy against bullying or harassment of any kind.
- The platform also has an expert team available 24/7 to help resolve any issues that may arise during the hiring process.
- Besides posting your job offer, you can buy predefined projects posted by service providers.
A leading provider of offshore software development services in India, ValueCoders focuses on delivering outsourced services to clients worldwide. We have a team of more than 250 engineers who are experts in their fields.
We deliver affordable, high-quality services like web development, mobile app development, and digital marketing. We also offer QA & testing, product engineering, and many other services. Our clients are located worldwide, and we are proud to have a 100% satisfaction guarantee policy.
- ValueCoders is an award-winning Indian software engineering company providing outsourced software development and engineering teams to our clients globally.
- With a 97%+ customer satisfaction rate, we are recognized as one of India’s top software outsourcing companies.
What Makes ValueCoders Better Than Toptal And Upwork
ValueCoders is a more reliable platform than Upwork and Toptal for many reasons.
Some of them are mentioned here:
- Save Cost & Time
Save on your operational costs as you won’t have to purchase equipment, software, and other tools necessary to handle a large bulk of work.
- More Flexibility
Gain staffing flexibility since your outsourcing partner can provide you with what you need to scale up or down your workforce demand.
- Business Continuity
Maintain business continuity no matter what problems arise. Your outsourcing partner can handle the business processes you need to maintain.
- Peace Of Mind
Focuses on core business functions since your outsourcing provider will handle your non-core activities for you.
- Improved Productivity
Improved productivity, with your outsourcing partner helping you accomplish more business tasks to help you meet your goals.
The professionalism of everyone within the company, wherein, unlike some freelancers, outsourcing companies will always value the relationship they are building with their clients.
- Complete Data Security
Outsourcing companies sign a strict Non-disclosure agreement for IP protection. It ensures the complete security of your data.
Challenges of Hiring Freelancers from Upwork and Toptal
- Lack of Commitment
Freelancers can undertake multiple projects for different clients. This means that a freelancer will not be able to fully commit to your project, especially if another project is more challenging, exciting, or financially rewarding.
- Missed Deadlines
Freelancers have more freedom when it comes to planning their working routines. This means that there is an increased risk of life events, which can interfere with the freelancer’s ability to deliver the project on time.
- Different Languages and Cultures
Finding a freelancer who can communicate at an advanced enough level of English to discuss work-related subjects might be difficult. On top of that, a country’s culture also has to be considered.
- Payment Issues
Freelancers will not appear on the company’s payroll, meaning other alternatives for making the payment must be found. On top of that, if the freelancer is outsourced from another country, the cost of transferring the money must be considered.
- Data Breaches
When dealing with remote workers, there is always the issue of data security. If you don’t implement proper security measures and a non-disclosure agreement, you might risk having your data misused by scrupulous people.
A Quick Look At The Comparative Analysis: Upwork Vs. Toptal Vs. ValueCoders
Hiring freelancers or outsourcing software development are two different ways for software development.
Freelancing usually refers to work done by an individual contractor, while outsourcing usually refers to work done by a company or team of contractors.
Freelancing can be a great option for people who want more control over their work schedule and projects. At the same time, outsourcing can be an excellent option for companies that need more resources or specialized skill sets. Ultimately, the choice between freelancing and outsourcing comes down to the needs of each individual or company.
If you are looking for the right option for your business, first understand your business requirement well and decide.