As the web development technologies mature and the versatility of online space rapidly grows, the way of building a feature-rich application gets considerably more complicated. Nowadays it’s not that easy to satisfy customers with a basic online presence as everyone wants to see your business updated as per the latest technology trends.
However, the burden can be reduced largely if you work with web developers on the latest web development technologies and frameworks like blockchain development, virtual reality, chatbot development, etc.
As there is a huge number of web development frameworks available currently, it can be a daunting task for you to choose the right one for your next web development project. In the same way, hire web app developers who are efficient enough can be another difficult decision for many business owners.
Here in this blog, we are going to discuss the top web development frameworks used by top web development companies so that you can get quality work in less time and cost.
Top Web Development Frameworks
1) Angularjs web development frameworks
After the release of Angular 2, a complete revamp of the first version, this framework created a lot of hype. Now, they have come up with Angular 4 (skipping 3) and that’s even better. Hence, this Google product is well deserved to stay in the top web development framework’s list and consider this a crucial part of your next web development project.
Blockchain technology has revolutionized the web development industry. It has become the most demanding web development technology these days creating web applications for every industry from fintech to healthcare. The best part about this technology is that it develops secure, high-quality and scalable apps for you. Hire Blockchain developers to make use of various blockchain tools/frameworks in order to deliver the best blockchain apps.
Many web development companies are searching for new and innovative ways to utilize the blockchain technology. Hence, they are offering custom blockchain development solutions, smart contracts development, crypto wallets development, ethereum development and much more.
3) REACT.JS web development frameworks
Read more: 7 reasons to choose Facebook’s ReactJS
Moreover, React is coming up with something really interesting in the near future termed as React Fibre. It is an ongoing reimplementation of React’s core algorithm. It is the culmination of over two years of research by the React team. It can be a big thing for developers in this year among other surprises. Hence, you can count on this library and hire React developers for your next project.
4) NODE.JS web development frameworks
The main idea of Node.js is to use non-blocking and event-driven I / O so that they remain lightweight and efficient against real-time applications with a large amount of data running on distributed devices. In simple words, Node.JS is used for specific reasons to fill particular needs.
Read More: Top 15 Front-end Development Tools In 2021
Right now, Artificial Intelligence and machine learning are booming rapidly. Be it customer behavior or an image editing app, AI is everywhere. Moreover, AI chatbots are growing very fast and learning more from human interactions.
6) Symfony web application framework
Symfony is a PHP web framework that’s well suited for large-scale or complex enterprise-level projects. It is a quite stable framework. Symfony 3.1 (the current version) helps full stack developers create scalable websites that are flexible to changing business requirements. Symfony can work with some of the largest open-source platforms such as PHPBB, Piwik, and Drupal.
Symfony comprises of a set of PHP components, an Application Framework, a Community and a Philosophy, and all of them work in tandem to help realize a common goal on the web. These are the reasons that make Symfony an advanced framework for web application development.
Read more: Symfony vs Laravel, which one to choose?
7) ASP.NET web application framework
ASP.NET is one of the best Microsoft built web frameworks that is highly valued by developers as a powerful tool for creating dynamic websites, rich web apps and web portals since it’s inception in 2002. .NET is built on the Common Language Runtime (CLR) that provides an opportunity to web developers to write ASP.NET code utilizing any language supported by .NET.
Currently, there is a large number of individual developers and software development companies that choose ASP.NET as their preferred web development technologies. This framework is also open source and has close to 15% market share. Hence, if you have a knack for Microsoft technologies, then you must hire ASP.NET developers for your next web development projects.
8) Yii web application framework
Quite similar to Asp.net, Yii is also one of the remarkable open-source web development frameworks for PHP. Yii framework works best in developing applications for systems wherein repetitive tasks are needed to be performed. This web development framework comes with the in-built component-based model, database abstraction layers, event-driven programming features, and modular application architecture.
The Yii coders follow Rapid Application Development (RAD). In other words, Yii allows you to get web applications up and running within very less time. Moreover, with the Yii framework, it also becomes convenient for you to customize your applications as per changing business requirements. With easy data migration utility, you can conveniently upgrade/downgrade application version on different installations. Hence, you can also consider hiring Yii developers for your web development project.
Meteor has been built on concepts from other frameworks and libraries in a way that makes it easy to build applications. Essentially, it makes web development much easier. It’s flexible and requires less code, which means fewer bugs and typically higher quality and more scalable app. Therefore, it can be beneficial for you to hire Meteor developers for your next project.
Related: Meteor Vs Firebase
CakePHP is an open-source web development framework written in PHP and is immensely popular in the market since its inception. It is built on the concept of model-controller-view and association data mapping. By using CakePHP, processionals can easily develop web applications in a structured and rapid manner.
One of the biggest advantages of using CakePHP is detailed documentation and practical guides are available along with the framework which makes it very easy to code. Therefore developers can easily create web applications using this framework. You would be able to achieve more by writing comparatively less code if you chose this framework for development. You can even reuse the code of your old projects through this framework, thus making the CakePHP web application development fast.
Laravel web development frameworks
When we talk about backend web development technologies or web frameworks, Laravel comes upfront. From its inception in 2011, Laravel has shown a bright path to developers. Laravel is a free, open-source PHP web framework, intended for building state-of-the-art web applications following the model–view–controller (MVC) architectural pattern.
Some of the features of Laravel are a modular packaging system with a dedicated dependency manager, utilities that aid in application deployment and maintenance, many ways for accessing relational databases, and its orientation toward syntactic sugar. These are some of the reasons why it’s considered to be the best PHP framework and push businesses to hire Laravel developers for their next project.
Where Angular itself has 56300 stars on Github and only a four-year-old framework has surpassed its popularity then it must be something. Isn’t it? Hence, you can also try out Vue.js for your next web development project or hire Vue.js developers
Ruby on Rails web development frameworks
Ruby on Rails(RoR) is considered to be one of the favorite frameworks for web developers. Ruby is a funny programming language that makes the developers happy at work. Some of the big brands like Hulu, Airbnb, Basecamp developed their websites with RoR.
From 2005, RoR has been completely free of cost and runs on Linux, which is also open-source. It’s also easy and joyful to work with from a developer’s perspective. Besides, this framework not only does it allow you to move from the planning stages to actual development very fast but also easy to handle when compared to other technologies. Hence, you can certainly consider RoR as a useful framework for your next web application development.
Django is a free web framework written in Python. It’s designed for high-level programming with many reusable components available to create dynamic content such as blogs, news sites, and community apps like social media. Moreover, it’s known to be fast, efficient, and incredibly productive because it includes everything you need to build web applications. Django comes with many features, including:
– Security: The framework was designed to protect against common security threats like cross-site scripting (XSS), clickjacking, and SQL injection attacks. It also includes built-in protection for CSRF attacks which targets web applications that use AJAX requests.
– Database handling: It’s an object-relational database system (ORM) that works with many different databases, including PostgreSQL, MySQL, and SQLite. This means it can work even if you’re not familiar with your preferred database management system – the framework will handle all of that for you!
Express is a web application framework for Node.js that provides functionality like view rendering, routing / URL mapping, and middleware support (e.g., sessions). Express was created to focus on the essentials when creating web applications, providing you with all of the must-needed features without over bloat or additional complexity added in. It is also created to be flexible, allowing you to add your own features and functionality when needed. Express offers some great features:
– Simplicity – No need for configuration; it’s all ready to use out of the box with its minimalistic approach (e.g., no extensive configurations or special files). This makes getting started a breeze!
– Speed – It’s incredibly fast, perfect for building large web applications. This is because it creates a highly efficient environment where the server processes request using only minimal resources so you can handle more without breaking a sweat.
Flask is a micro web framework written in Python. It’s designed to be easily understood, giving developers the flexibility they need when building applications for mobile devices or other platforms that have limited resources. Flask was created with simplicity in mind while still providing some powerful features, including:
– Security: The security of your application is very important, which is why the framework comes with built-in protection against common security threats like cross-site scripting (XSS), clickjacking, and SQL injection attacks.
– Debugging: This lets you find errors quickly when developing your application so you can track down issues easily. It also provides a debugger that shows all of the information about the request, response, and cookies.
Play Framework is a web application framework for Scala and Java that lets you build scalable web applications. It was formed to simplify the development of highly interactive, data-intensive server/client applications throughout standard constructs such as dependency injection, type safety & immutability by default, hot code reloading, easy testability, etc. It also uses a Scala-based template engine called Twirl to allow for rapid development and clean code. Some of the features include:
– Scalability – Play Framework was built from the ground up with scalability in mind so it can handle heavy traffic, even after growing your application significantly. This is because it’s based on an Akka actor system to handle concurrent requests.
– Reliability – Because it’s based on Scala, Play Framework is incredibly faulted tolerant, which means your application will continue operating properly even in the event of failure! This makes deployment much easier as well since you don’t have to worry about restarting processes or re-configuring servers after a crash occurs.
web2py is another web framework for Python that’s designed to work fast and securely by providing a secure sandbox where your code runs safely. It also has many built-in tools like support for Object Relational Mapping (ORM) libraries such as SQLAlchemy, Genshi templating with AJAX forms, and multiple databases. It can work with other Python libraries thanks to its flexibility and allows you to add your own code when needed.
– Security: web.py comes with many security features such as preventing cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks, SQL injection attacks, and allowing only safe types of files that prevent potential exploits in the system from crashing your web app.
– Productivity: web.py is designed to be as efficient and productive as possible, allowing you to get started from scratch in just minutes, thanks to its quick start guide! It also makes it easy for developers who are familiar with other frameworks – the code will look similar, so anyone can pick up where they left off if needed.
– Simplicity: It is simple and easy to use, which makes it perfect for beginners or those who aren’t familiar with Python web frameworks! The framework was designed so anyone could easily get started without having to spend too much time getting up to speed on the system before you can build your app.
Apache Wicket is an open-source web application framework for the Java programming language that focuses on flexibility and performance. It allows you to build your applications based on components, which are reusable pieces of code that can be quickly composed together to create a new page without having to rewrite all of the functionality over again (e.g., HTML markup, layout).
Wicket allows you to design their pages using HTML and CSS with lower overhead (fewer lines of code) because it’s all generated dynamically at runtime. It also comes with built-in support for Ajax requests, which means you can easily create apps that provide a more responsive user experience.
CodeIgniter is an open-source and famous web application framework that allows you to build better websites faster with minimum fuss. It’s designed for PHP developers who need a simple and elegant toolkit to create more complex applications without the overhead of larger frameworks like Zend or CakePHP. CodeIgniter offers some great features:
– Security – Built-in tools to help protect your code from many of the most common security threats, including cross-site scripting (XSS), SQL injection attacks, and clickjacking. It also offers some great user input sanitation methods that will reduce the chances of something bad happening if you’re not familiar with validating all inputs yourself (which is a pain).
– Object-Oriented – It’s entirely object-oriented, which means you can easily reuse components and libraries across projects. This is incredibly useful if you’re building a large application that will continue to grow in scale with more features added over time.
The bottom line
When finalizing your decision let us remind you that it is never about the number of features that a particular framework provides. It’s about the actual functionality of the framework and how the functionalities can be utilized by web application developers for particular needs. Hence, choose one of the frameworks as per your project needs and save time and cost by availing custom software development services.
Hire web application development services from ValueCoders (a leading offshore software development company and ranks as one of the top outsourcing companies for startups) employ some of the best web application developers who are delivering best web application development solutions to clients. For any requirements please get in touch with us.