Software Development is a vast term. In the most basic sense, software development is a field of IT concerned with the development of software applications powered by hardware to help in executing business processes, connecting businesses to their customers, amongst meeting other organizational needs.
In this IT-driven age, companies have been investing and generating revenues through software development or product development. It is time for businesses to invest in software development that can actually benefit businesses in the long run.
There are many software development companies in India that have been providing software development services to ease out project requirements from the start.
Our Comprehensive Guide is Meant for:
- Anyone who wants to gain knowledge on and about software development and more.
- For businesses and entrepreneurs who want to go all out in understanding the concept of software development for their business.
- Businesses looking forward to adapting software development methodologies and processes for their development process.
This guide will cover the following:
- Software Development Process & Implementation
- Software Development Features
- Software Development Tools
- Software Development Future Trends for 2020
Here we go.
What do you mean by Software Development?
Software development is the process of analyzing requirements, designing prototypes, programming code, documenting requirements, testing, and debugging to create and maintain applications, frameworks, or other software components.
It is a set of instructions that are programmable and is independent of hardware to run the specific set of commands.
The four basic types of software as per your business application:
- System Software: System Software is basically used to provide core functions such as operating systems, disk management, utilities, hardware management, and other operational necessities.
- Programming Software: It facilitates the software programmer or developer’s needs with development tools such as text editors, compilers, linkers, debuggers and other tools to create code.
- Application Software: Application Software is basically an application or app that can be used to perform tasks. Popular examples for application software are Office productivity suites, data management software, media players. They can also be referred to as web applications that can be used to shop on e-commerce websites and also can be used in socializing with social media websites.
- Embedded Software: Embedded System Software can be used to control machines and devices through telecommunications networks, cars, industrial robots and more. The devices and their software can be connected as part of the Internet of Things (IoT).
The software development process is carried out through programmers, software developers, and engineers. However, there is no difference in how the designation is pronounced in different companies as per their naming convention structures.
You can always look out for a software application development company to help meet your requirements.
Let’s move on to how software is developed and what are the steps that are involved in the software development process or methodology:
What do you understand by Software Development Process:
Software Development Lifecycles goes through six phases that include Planning, Analysis, Design, Development & Implementation, Testing, and Maintenance.
Let’s study each of them in detail:
- Planning: Curating a perfect plan is one of the most crucial steps in the software development process. Without the perfect plan of action, you can’t calculate the estimated risks that are involved during the development process. A plan will help you out in monitoring the project’s success in stipulated time in the later stages of development.
- Analysis: You can analyze the performance of your software at various stages and if there is an additional requirement, you can make a note of the requirement that can be added during the later stages of development. It is always crucial to analyze the requirements to avoid any pitfalls in the later stages.
- Design: After the initial analysis, the step of designing comes into play, where you can work on the software prototype or architecture for the project. This step will help in removing all the possible flaws by setting a standard and also sticking on to it.
- Development and Implementation: The next step is Development and Implementation where the development of software starts with data recording and fetching in the background. Once the software is developed, the stage of implementation comes into the picture through a pilot mode to check the functionalities of the software.
- Testing: The testing stage will assess the software for potential errors and bugs that can ruin the functionality of the software in the longer run.
- Maintenance: Once the software passes through all phases of the software development process without any hassle, then it will undergo a maintenance phase where it will be maintained, upgraded and updated from time to time to adapt to technological changes. Almost every software development company in India follow these six steps to offer a viable product at the end.
Why Businesses should opt for Software Development Service Companies?
Software development is important for businesses as it will help businesses to differentiate among themselves hence forging competition. It can improve customer experiences, bring more innovative, feature-rich products that are faster to market to make operations more efficient, safe and productive.
The reasons why businesses should adopt to Software Development Service Companies are as follows:
Software Development can bring your business to new heights of integration as it will allow your business to be accessed from anywhere via smartphone or computer.
It will help in improving your sales cycle as you have an online platform that makes it easy for customers to reach your product and services.
Now you can easily implement your online marketing strategy for your product promotion through paid ad verticals that can target different sets of audiences at the same time, saving your time and cost.
It will help in increasing customer engagement as your customers will come back to you if you strike the perfect personalized conversational string with them.
It can save your money in the longer run, as the software is optimized to your business to ensure smooth and seamless operations with reduced redundancies and inefficiencies.
What are some of the key features of Software Development?
Key Features of Software Development that you will enjoy if you outsource your software development project with us as we are one of the leading software application development company.
- Save Upto 60% Development Cost: If you choose us as your next software development company, you can easily save up to 60% of your development cost with our flexible plans that can vary from an hourly basis to dedicated or fixed plan models.
- 100% Transparency: With our software development expertise, you can expect 100% transparency without any disclosure of intricate details at any point and time.
- Non-disclosure Agreement: You can sign NDA ( Non-Disclosure Agreement) to ensure data integrity and privacy.
- Flexible Engagement Models: There are flexible engagement models that you can choose from as per your project requirements be it a dedicated, flexible or hourly model. Choose the one that best fits your needs.
- No Box Approach: We as a software development company, follow a no-box approach for software development for project agility and effective collaboration
- Agile/DevOps Process Enablement: Our DevOps/Agile process primarily focuses on business needs and outcomes, and it streamlines and builds efficiency into all phases of software development.
What are some of the popular software development tools?
The top 5 software development tools that you can use are as follows:
Pricing Model: Quote Based
Reference link for more information: https://aws.amazon.com/cloud9/
It comes with a built-in terminal that allows you to clone the entire development environment.
Key Benefits of Cloud9 are:
- Improves accuracy and precision
- Enhanced Performance
- Reduced Risks
- Automate Market Attribution
- Generate Reliable Campaign ROI
b) Dataiku DSS
Pricing Model: Quote Based
Reference link : https://www.dataiku.com/dss/
Deployment: Open API, Cloud Hosted, On-Premise
Top Features: Machine Learning, Models In Production, Data Mining, Data Wrangling
Dataiku DSS is a collaborative data science software platform that can be used to connect more than 25 data storage. It automatically detects both the schema and format of your data, so you need not write the format settings before reading a data set.
Basically, it is used by data analysts, scientists and data engineers to research, prototype, build and deliver their data products. It comes with more than 80 built-in functions to prepare, clean, mix and clean data.
It has visual-user interface tools to create and update models in Python or R, to obtain instant visual and statistical comments on the performance of the model.
Key Benefits of Dataiku DSS are:
- Access to all kinds of Data
- Real-time Monitoring
- Fast and Reliable
- Supports more than 25 Connectors
- 90+built in visual processors
Pricing Model: Free/ Monthly payment/ Annual Subscription
Reference link: https://www.axure.com/
Deployment: Cloud Hosted, Open API, On-Premise
Top Features: Dynamic Content, Conditional Flow, Adaptive Views, Match Functions, Easy Team Collaboration
Axure is one of the best software development tools. The tool is used to create prototypes, wire creation, and document creation. It is a feature-rich tool that will allow you to create product prototypes without a single line of code.
It can be run on Microsoft IIS with a MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server database. Axure is a great tool for business analysts, product managers, and IT consultants.
Key Benefits of Axure:
- Set up Team Project for Collaboration
- Reduce Costs
- Documentation Features
- Easily Create Wireframes, Prototypes, and Diagrams
Pricing Model: Free/One-time payment
Reference link: http://www.codelobster.com
Top Integrations: CodeIgniter, Symfony, Phalcon, AngularJS, jQuery, CakePHP
It is one of the best software development tools. It comes with a suite of features such as HTML inspector, DOM elements, smart autocomplete, supports code highlighting, etc. It is compatible with content management systems such as Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, and Magento. It simplifies the process of PHP development.
Key Benefits of CodeLobster:
- Saves Cost
- Streamline development process
- Multi-language Support
- Extensive Plug-ins
- Free internal debugger
Pricing Model: Free
Reference link : https://atom.io/
Deployment: Open API
Top Features: Multiple panes, File system browser, smart autocompletion, Built-in package manager, Packages and themes
It is highly compatible with operating systems such as Windows, macOS, and Linux. The best thing about the Atom is that you can customize the way you want without touching the configuration file. It helps with flexibility, simplicity, and effectiveness that attracts many developers and experts.
It helps you to write the code faster and smarter with a flexible autocomplete feature. comes with a simple user interface and allows you to explore the entire project or multiple projects in a single window.
Benefits of Atom are as follows:
- Free and Open Source
- Fully-featured app
- Codes Faster
- Flexible autocomplete feature
- Avail Customization
What does the future of software development hold for the upcoming year 2020?
2020 is just around the corner. A lot of technologies, trends and approaches are coming to software development that has been gripping to take over the trends in the upcoming year.
So, let’s take a look at the most promising trends in software development in 2020:
1) The dominance of Artificial Intelligence:
AI-based software isn’t precisely a new thing. There is a strong possibility that it will solidify its position in the year 2020. The global AI software market is expected to grow to an astounding size of $14.7 billion.
AI has become a dominant force in the world of technology, hence for the upcoming year, you can expect accelerating growth in the adoption of AI-based software.
2) Internet of Things ( IoT):
The adoption of IoT has been a far fetched thought so far but for the coming year 2020, IoT connected devices are about to take a huge leap forward in 2020, towards a fivefold increase from 2015 that will bring the total amount to 75.44 billion devices worldwide in 2025.
Software developers and software development companies have been focusing on IoT connected devices or IoT software development for the coming year.
3) The emergence of 5G:
The most exclusive trend that will change the game for mobile apps in the year 2020 is the emergence of 5G networks and how it will be adapted at a wider regional level. With high-speed wireless connectivity, lower latency, and greater bandwidth availability, 5G is sure to revolutionize the devices we use on a daily basis.
It will be challenging to see how 5G will adapt to the software development methodologies.
Consult us as your next mobile application development company.
4) Rise and Emergence of Outsourcing:
Regardless of several outsourcing models by indian outsourcing development companies, they are embracing new skills to service the demand. They are focusing on a more user-centric approach that will help clients with user-centric design and experience, hence opening new ways for innovation and market opportunities for outsourcing industries.
This trend will be seen evidently in the year 2020.
5) Progressive Web Apps:
It’s finally time to move over to PWAs where you can enjoy the benefits of both worlds and it act like native mobile apps that can run on both the browser and mobile application interface.
So, instead of developing a mobile application for their existing website, businesses have been preferring to move over to PWAs which has been acting as a perfect solution for both businesses and visitors.
Many top software development companies have been developing Progressive Web Apps. Some of the popular examples for Progressive Web Apps are: Starbucks, Housing.com, Flipboard, MakeMyTrip, Uber, Pinterest, etc to name a few.
With a substantial rise in custom software development, We at ValueCoders, a custom software development company, believe in forging your development needs at an optimal level.
Now you can grow your business ROI with our software development services that can help consumers in maximum possible ways. We are unfolding business ideas for better throughput revenue cycles.
Consult us for more.
You can enquire about our services in detail here: https://www.valuecoders.com/contact