Surely, you would be aware of the potential of DevOps and why it is so popular in the IT sector. As per the 2015 DevOps Report, IT companies are deploying DevOps 30X more frequently with 200X shorter lead times. Owing to that, they have 60x fewer failures and recover 168x faster.
You must be thinking, why do companies need DevOps, and why it has become a center of attraction among enterprises. Let’s take a glance at this aspect.
Before that, take a look at some DevOps statistics:
Every enterprises’ end goal is to provide the absolute best services and features to deliver customers as early as possible. While developing software and managing operations require a huge some time to deliver value to end customers. Due to this, the work field becomes a war field where businesses fight to deliver value to customers.
Here comes the DevOps. It delivers a great number of benefits to organizations:
- Fast Delivery time: The basic principles of DevOps – automatic, continuous delivery, and fast response loop – focus on creating software to improve performance quickly and efficiently. DevOps, an extension of the agile system, uses automation to keep SDLC flowing at ease. By promoting a culture of interaction & greater collaboration, it provides a measure of rapid and continuous responses so that any issues are fixed over time and the release is done quickly.
- High-level collaboration: Today, more than ever, development teams need to break the branch-office and engage in active communication, 24 hours a day. DevOps paves the way for business development by providing the necessary spirit of collaboration, communication, and integration between the globally distributed teams in IT. Boundaries are set by activities that are transparent in the DevOps stimulus environment. All team members are responsible for meeting the desired features/quality and timing of what will be brought together.
- Quality customer experience: With DevOps, organizations can increase their frequency by 200x, turnaround time by 24x, and reduce change to error rates by 3x. By adjusting the transmission line, it becomes possible to have the reliability and stability of the application after each new release. If the application works seamlessly in creation, organizations benefit from greater customer satisfaction.
So, do you want to leverage the benefits of DevOps for your organization? If yes, then reach out to the Best DevOps Consulting company & secure an agile solution.
Considering these aspects, it was decided to implement DevOps into banking solutions and transform the .Net Framework to .NetCore. In this article, we would have a complete case study of this transformation. So, stay tuned with me.
- Implementing DevOps In Banking Solution & Changing .Net Into. NetCore The product is a banking solution that caters to credit societies and cooperative banks. The application was running slow, and users were facing issues with updates. So, we decided to change the legacy technology and cater to an agile solution with higher scalability.
The system has got so many loopholes that need to be fixed, and we encountered so many challenges such as:
- The lack of resources in the test and build environment caused excessively long software builds and test cycles.
- The delivery date was due because of quality and efficiency issues.
- Our quality team finds a variety of issues, and customer work also caused rapid and inadequate test coverage.
- The version of the software was unstable, and there were a variety of problems that weren’t detected during the testing phase.
- Moreover, the migration from .Net Framework to .NetCore and implementation of DevOps solution to increase efficiency, deployment of high-quality code, and scaling the demand.
- Deciding what automated DevOps tool would be best for implementation.
There were major challenges, and our team had to undergo rigorous research and strategy development to implement DevOps in this software system. But! Our most critical challenge was to decide on an automation tool for deploying DevOps.
Thus, here we are enumerating some tools that you may find useful in implementing DevOps in your system software.
DevOps Automation Tools That You Must Know
There is no dearth of DevOps Automation Tools that you can use, but it completely depends on your need for development. Here I am discussing a tool for .net that you can use to implement DevOps.
The most popular and latest option, availed by Microsoft, is a fully functional integrated DevOps, named Azure Pipelines. It gets plugged in into an existing project with nicety and enables lots of options to use for the teams. Azure pipeline enables you to integrate containerization like Kubernetes.
It functions for a serverless option, swiftly deployed Azure Web Apps, and severely complex VMs. This tool is a one-stop shop for streamlining the work of .net developers. Azure DevOps service enables you to free CI/CD targets via an Azure Repo or GitHub repo. Moreover, the pricing depends on the number of pipelines or user licenses you need.
2) Azure Pipelines
Azure Pipelines is the backbone of Azure DevOps that handles the traffic of each offer. It is a major platform and language agnostic and provides orchestration between cloud providers, both AWS and Azure. Basically, the pipeline itself is cloud-hosted, which means you don’t need to download and install anything.
Pipelines have lots of extensibility and enable you to leverage a good built-in option for integrated reporting and testing. If you have just begun with performing CI/CD in the cloud-hosted world, then the documentation works excellent, and workflow helps you entirely do things right.
To transform your .Net solution into DevOps, hire .net developers with expertise in Azure & DevOps implementation to exploit DevOps benefits.
Sometimes you don’t need a fancy arrangement for your project. For quick projects where I needed constant integration with Azure web apps (formerly Azure websites), I hosted the app; I used the Kudu Service App build server that was connected to my GitHub hosted repository. Azure is a little trivial to set any application service you create directly from the deployment center menu to the Azure UI.
Kudu monitors your GitHub login and rewrites your code, and converts it to Azure whenever a change occurs. One of the most painful ways to set up a CI / CD quickly is when you need MSBuild to compile your app and deploy your update service. Bonus Works for free – the only paid part is the cost of your Azure App service. It comes on the go and does not require a separate Azure DevOps subscription.
These are major automation tools that you can use to implement DevOps. However, we used various different solutions to implement the solution due to obvious reasons. Now, let’s glance at the implementation of the project into DevOps settings.
Implementing a solution to the requirement with the following approach
- The team integrated the current architecture for optimal continuous integration, continuous testing, continuous deployment, and CCM (Continuous Change Management) operations.
- Demonstrated hierarchical test execution model to automate each lifecycle test step
- Assembled tool framework including Restful API to organize all DevOps operations
- Initial specialist services that support a logical phased implementation plan and a smooth transition from existing infrastructure, minimizing disruption to the existing development, testing, and release process.
- A monitoring solution is implemented that provides the necessary measures to manage the operational performance of DevOps systems for continuous monitoring management (CCM) and continuous improvement.
- To streamline the initial stages, the CloudHedge team began by adding code to source code version control which was a much-needed step.
- Necessary changes to the source code included removing system dependencies (similar to hard-code routes in context).
- Configured source control, information received, and needs analysis using the build system. Srl.
- It has formal design and implementation of microservices.
- It includes a demonstrated baseline validation of building validation, configuration identification, environmental variables, construction installation, and operation for the deployment pipeline and related environments.
- At UAT and Release, the team demonstrated the creative process and implementation of the deployment process, also creating a promotion process.
- We also designed a solution and implemented it to present documents to KYC bank.
- Key migration reports were analyzed and searched for interfaces as well as after-sales services. API migration of the .NET Core is successfully tested.
As DevOps develops, there will be more efficiency gains. High-quality implementation with a larger quality code will allow ISVs to deliver more to their customers.
- Improve timely market/delivery times, which improves ROI.
- Better collaboration between teams (business / DevOps).
- DevOps paved the way for improving business agility by promoting a much-needed environment of mutual collaboration, communication, and integration between teams allocated worldwide.
- It is a stable/reliable operating environment.
- It has 60% OpEx, and 50% operating time savings for clients.
- Improve overall security by reducing vulnerabilities
- To increase scalability, we migrated the .Net Framework to .NetCore in a semi-automated way within weeks.
I am sure this explanation would help you get through the nerves of DevOps implementation and figure what challenges can be faced during the processes. If you want to integrate a DevOps-based solution into your business setting, I would recommend you to connect with experienced DevOps developers to secure the best solutions.
Implementing DevOps to your solutions can bring in unmatched agility and efficiency within your works and processes. The above representation of converting a .net solution into DevOps have shown you how crucial the transformation is.
Actually, DevOps-based solutions also make it easy for teams to collaborate in a definite space. Moreover, you can also reduce the cost of manual processes and labor by integrating a full-fledged solution. In today’s world, to implement security & efficiency through DevOps concepts, you must consult with a DevOps engineering & solution company renowned for developing one-of-a-kind solutions. And! For more insights into DevOps, stay hooked with me.