Web technologies are moving so fast that it is becoming a tough job for businesses as well as developers to keep up the pace. New tools pop up every year letting the old ones become obsolete (Remember Eclipse?). Front-end development is a major part of the web and front-end technologies have grown multifold in the past years.
Businesses are focusing more on custom application development services to enhance user interaction, site efficiency, interactivity, and look & feel. After thorough research at ValueCoders, we shortlisted the top 15 front-end development tools used by top web & AI/ML development companies. Let’s start with the first one.
List of Top 15 Frontend Development Tools front-end technologies
1) Vue.js Front-end Development Tools
2) Angular Front-end Development Tools
Being a Google product, Angular is counted as one of the top front-end development tools for years. With the rapid release of its versions Angular is now much improved and an established name in the web industry. It has 59.6K stars on Github with a huge community of Angular Developers for support.
Read More: Top 20 latest Angular JS Developer Tools
3) Blockchain Testnet
After the arrival of Blockchain technology, businesses are overcoming their various tech challenges successfully using this. They are developing amazing business solutions using Blockchain frameworks.
Testnet is one of the best Blockchain web development tools which works as a substitute for the actual blockchain used to develop real dapps. Blockchain developers can create a new dApp using other blockchain tools like multichain blockchain, Stellar, Ehtereum Blockchain, Smart contracts, etc.
4) Ionic 2
Yes, here we are talking about top front-end development tools and not mobile. However, many do not know that Ionic 2 is not only meant for cross-platform mobile apps development, it is a great tool for front-end development too. Ionic developers can build native and web-optimized apps. Here are a few advantages of this tool-
– Free and open source
– Good community support including on Slack and StackOverflow
– One code base for all platforms
– High availability of plugins
– Push notifications built-in
– Coded in Angular
Read More: Xamarin or Ionic, which one to choose?
5) Npm Top front-end development tools
– Discover and reuse over 470,000 free code packages in the Registry
– Encourage code discovery and reuse within teams
– Publish and control access to the namespace
– Manage public and private code using the same workflow
TensorFlow is Google Brain’s second-generation system. Version 1.0.0 was released on February 11, 2017. While the reference implementation runs on single devices, TensorFlow can run on multiple CPUs and GPUs (with optional CUDA and SYCL extensions for general-purpose computing on graphics processing units). TensorFlow is available on 64-bit Linux, macOS, Windows, and mobile computing platforms including Android and iOS.
Its flexible architecture allows for the easy deployment of computation across a variety of platforms (CPUs, GPUs, TPUs), and from desktops to clusters of servers to mobile and edge devices. With the advent of Tensorflow 2.0 now it is even more advanced.
7) Grid Guide Front-end technologies
Grid guide is one of the top front-end development tools. It allows creating pixel-perfect grids within designs. It is a simple tool that can unlock very valuable workflows in custom software development.
Some salient features:
– Add guides based on the canvas, artboards, and selected layers
– Quickly add guides to edges and midpoints
– Allows to create duplicate guides to other artboards and documents
– Helps users to create custom grids
8) Grunt Front-end technologies
Grunt’s scope goes beyond simply automating front-end related tasks. It got 12.7 stars on the GitHub platform.
Here are a few features:
– It makes developing applications efficient
– It comes with several built-in features that contain frontend libraries and NODE js based server
– It speeds up development time significantly on any project
– Live reloading feature allows refreshing only the required DOM elements10 Front-End Development Tools
Related post: Firebase Vs Meteor
10) Git Extensions
Utilizing version control is a must-have for projects of any size now. They are easy to set up and will save you headaches when your developer finds out you both have been working on the same file. While learning the command line is still recommended since at the very least you will gain an understanding of what happens under the hood, using one for day to day development can take valuable time. Especially if you make an accidental commit to the wrong branch.
Git Extensions, which is a graphical user interface for Git, not only does it allow you to control Git without using the CLI, but you can view the commit history in a graph structure, view the history of files, use a rebase workflow, and much more. That makes it one of the top front-end development tools.
Sometimes you need a tool that will help you write maintainable, future-proof code, all while reducing the amount of CSS you have to write (keeping it DRY).
Sass, one of the most popular front-end development tools in this category is a nine-year-old open-source project which pretty much defined the genre of modern CSS preprocessors. Although a little tricky to get to grips with initially, Sass’s combination of variables, nesting, and mixins will render simple CSS when compiled, meaning your stylesheets will be more readable and (most importantly) DRY.
12) Sublime Text
Sublime Text is a proprietary cross-platform source code editor. This is one of those front-end development tools which can natively support many programming languages and markup languages.
Command palette feature allows matching keyboard invocation of arbitrary commands
Simultaneous editing allows making the same interactive changes to multiple areas
Offers Python-based plugin API
Allows developers to give project specific preferences
Compatible with many language grammars from TextMate
Backbone.js gives structure to web applications by offering models with key-value binding and custom events. It got 27.8 stars on Github. Let’s see what this front-end development tool has to offer-
– Backbone.js allows building one-page applications
– Backbone.js has a simple library used to separate business and user interface logic
– This tool makes code simple, systematic, and organized. It acts as a backbone for any project
– It manages the data model which also includes the user data and displays that data on server-side
– It allows you to create client-side web applications or mobile applications
CodePen is a web development environment for front-end designers and developers. It is all about faster and smoother development. It allows to build, deploy website and build test cases. It is considered to be one of the top front-end development tools when it comes to better coding environment. Let’s see the specific offering:
– Codepen offers to build components to use elsewhere later
– It includes some interesting features to write CSS faster.
– Allows live view and live sync
– Prefill API feature allows adding links and demo pages without the need to code anything
Foundation is front-end framework for any device, medium, and accessibility. This responsive front-end framework makes it easy to design responsive websites, apps, and emails.
– It offers the cleanest markup without sacrificing the utility and speed of Foundation
– Possible to customize the build to include or remove certain elements. As it defines the size of columns, colors, font size.
– Faster development and page load speed
– Foundation is optimized truly for mobile devices
– Customizability for developers of all levels
– It takes responsive design to the next level, with the much-needed medium grid accommodating for tablets
16) Chrome Developer Tools Front-end Development Tools
It is one of the top front-end development tools when it comes to hands-on debugging. You are going to run into many issues when building a new feature, adding a new page, or fixing an existing issue. The Chrome Developer Tools are a set of debugging tools built into Chrome. These tools allow you to do a wide variety of development testing in your browser, which saves a ton of development time.
ReactJS is also used by many companies like Netflix, Airbnb, Uber, Zomato, etc.
If you also want to build famous applications using React for your business vertical, hire ReactJS developers working in the best and most reliable ReactJS development company. By doing so, you will be able to build an app faster without any hassle.
Now, have a look at a short video:
The popularity of front-end development tools is on the rise due to ever-changing web techs. We hope this list suffices your requirements and if you have any suggestions feel free to comment below. Moreover, if you want to outsource the front-end development work or hire front-end developers then we at ValueCoders( Software development company) are always there for them. Because our web app developers guaranteed SLA’s, have implemented over 4200+ projects, having 13+ years of experience, we are having over 2500 happy customers and provide a zero-billing guarantee.