Nowadays to get a competitive edge, building a business website is mandatory and to do that, one of the things you’d need is suitable CMS platforms. The term CMS is nothing new to you, however, with a number of new platforms emerging every year, sometimes it becomes hard to find out the top CMS platforms to choose from.
Whether you need to set up a blog, a portal for maintaining a web presence, an attractive eCommerce website or anything else to enhance your online presence, there are CMS tools for your specific needs. The decision to choose the perfect CMS tools for a website depends on your requirement. Therefore, you have to decide the purpose of your website in the first place (I hope you have already done that).
Now, let us discuss the 5 top CMS platforms available and what are they offering differently in their latest updated versions:
WordPress is an online, open source website development and management tool based on PHP that ranks first among the top CMS platforms. However, in non-geek speak, it’s probably the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system with a 60.6% market share altogether.
If you are looking for a website for blogging, product showcasing or e-commerce purpose with high quality, good support and security at the same time then the WordPress CMS platform can be your perfect choice.
WordPress 5.2: Latest features for Web development:
1. WordPress 5.2 CMS platform has robust tools to identify and solve configuration issues. These tools are especially helpful if you are managing a website without the help of developers.
2. New updates to Site Health Check and PHP error protection features.
Magento is an e-commerce platform built on open source technology that provides online merchants with a flexible shopping cart system. It is considered to be a leader among the top CMS platforms in the eCommerce industry. Magento offers powerful marketing, search engine optimization, and catalog-management tools. Specifically made for e-commerce stores, Magento has a 6% market share among all other eCommerce CMS platforms.
As Magento is one of the CMS platforms for website building that’s more inclined towards e-commerce, the updates also focus on the same vertical-
1) Over 200 functional fixes to the core product.
2)Merchant tool enhancements which include new Inventory management feature updates.
3) Improved developer experience with integration of Progressive Web Apps studio (PWA Studio).
If you want to make an e-store with advanced payment systems and faster loading properties Magento 2.3.1 can be a good option.
Among the top CMS platforms, Drupal ranks 3rd. Drupal is one of the ready to use CMS tools for website development written in the PHP programming language. The software supports content management, newsletters, collaborative authoring, podcasts, image galleries, file uploads/downloads, peer-to-peer networking, and more.
1) With the new version of this open-source CMS platform, developers can put configuration under version control, track changes and update a production site cleanly
2) Developers can also expose data as XML and JSON, and take advantage of advanced web services
3) Now developers can use several “best of breed” libraries like PHPUnit, Composer, Zend Feed Component, Guzzle and others.
If you are searching for an easier to build, support, use and migrate website the Drupal 8.1 can be a perfect web development tool for you in low investment.
Joomla is one of the CMS platforms/web development platforms that’s designed to be easy to install and set up even if you’re not an advanced user. Not many Web hosting services offer a single-click install, getting your new site up and running in just a few minutes.
Since Joomla CMS tools for website development are so easy to use for Web developer or designer, that your web developer can quickly build sites. Also, Joomla makes it easier to manage the website further.
1) Automated system for requesting and tracking user consent on a website’s terms & conditions.
2) New workflow to access information update and removal requests.
3) New extension capabilities screen to help users understand the amount/type of data collected by extensions.
If you’re willing to develop a well-optimized website that is content filled and complicated then Joomla can be one of your preferred web development platforms.
Umbraco is touted as one of the friendly CMS platforms out there aimed to provide freedom to its users to create and customize content on a website as per their needs. The entire platform is based on Microsoft’s ASP. Net framework. Unlike other PHP-based CMS platforms, the .Net environment is comparatively more secure. You should hire Umbraco developers if you’re looking for a platform unsusceptible to malware attacks and does not require frequent updates like WordPress or Drupal.
Umbraco 8: Latest features for web development
1) A new Built-in feature for Language Variations: to update and add content on the website for different languages.
2) Added ability for developers to build Content Apps which can be used by content editors for various intended purposes.
3) A new Infinity editing feature, so that content editors can update content seamlessly without navigating between sections and losing focus.
As you can see, determining which CMS platform is the best fit for your individual web development requires consideration of a number of criteria, and each of the web development platforms has its own benefits and drawbacks. If you’re looking for a good reason to choose a particular CMS platform over another, then you can shortlist one from above mentioned top CMS platforms as per your requirement and install them for a demo.
Looking for outsourcing developers for web development? ValueCoders, one of the leading agile web development companies in India, provides remote web developers efficient working on WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Magento, and Umbraco CMS platforms, who make secure, optimized and quality web applications with the following advantages.
We Brew Our Blogs Especially For Startups, Agencies & CTOs. Subscribe & Get Latest Updates Straight To Your Inbox
Save Upto 50% Of Development Cost and Get 2x Faster DeliveryCONTACT US