Choosing the right technology stack for your web development project can be a daunting task. With so many options available, it can be hard to know which one is the best fit for your needs.
This blog will help you decide “Which technology is best for web development?”
PHP is one of the most popular scripting languages on the internet. PHP is easier to learn and that is precisely why it is so hugely popular. The language has a large developer community, which makes it the preferred language for development. Some studies show that the programming language is installed on over 244 million websites. The scripting language is free and boasts of a number of frameworks that make the process of development really simple.
PHP is a highly scalable development language and the testimony to that lies in the fact that Facebook and MySpace have been developed using PHP.
The interaction between the script, the database, and the server, determines the performance of a web application. The stack followed by PHP is Lamp which includes Apache, MySQL, PHP, and Linux. This is a very popular stack and is trusted widely for improved performance.
Do you know? As per a recent report, PHP occupied 36% of the share in the creation of 1 million websites.
In this blog post, we will compare MEAN Stack vs PHP vs .Net and help you decide which one is the best choice for you.
Some key advantages of developing with PHP:
- PHP can handle websites with a large among of traffic
- The framework is platform-independent and can run all kinds of operating systems
- The framework supports all major web servers
- Helps in the development of web apps and sites that run faster – Uses its own memory and reduces the time to load
- Has a large community of developers and one can get easy support
Also Read: What New Will PHP 8 Bring In 2021?
MEAN Stack Overview
MEAN Stack comprises of MongoDB, Express.js, AngularJS, and Node.js. The key advantage of MEAN Stack over LAMP is its simplicity and common structure. Storing data becomes easy and flexible with Mongo DB. Running the server is simplified by Node JS. The process of developing the website is standardized by Express JS. interactive functions can be added using AngularJS. All of these together, make data movement easier and faster.
- The Advantages of Mongo DB
- Mongo DB is one of the most useful database layers
- It is a modern database that provides full cluster support and automatic sharding
- The database allows modern apps to be easily developed, tested, and hosted on the cloud
- Advantages of NodeJS
The number of layers that the LAMP carries, can be difficult for many developers. NodeJS puts all kinds of processes in one place. Having everything in one layer simplifies the process drastically.
- The Benefits of JSON
- JSON helps in the smooth flow of data through the layers
- In the case of MEAN, some data format in JSON is used everywhere
- This saves time as this data passes through each layer
- Since JSON is present everywhere in MEAN, working with external APIs becomes simpler
- Save On Disk Space
The JOIN command helps in saving disk space in a big way. This helps in removing disk space by removing additional fields. This helps in keeping the database in good shape and the disk space as required.
This is a popular framework by Microsoft, for building websites and web applications. MSSQL acts as a database for ASP.NET, although My SQL can also be used. The .Net framework is built on CLR and it mostly uses the libraries of the .Net Framework. The libraries comprise of Windows, ASP.Net, Windows Presentation Foundation, and ADO.Net.
Dynamic website support, web-based requirements, and desktop software are some of the features of ASP.NET
Here are some key benefits of developing with .Net
- The quantity of code required for building applications in .Net significantly reduces with .NET
- Since Windows provides confirmation for applications developed in .Net, the framework is quite secure to work with.
- The framework also provides a detailed mechanism for drag and drop
- The framework allows for changes to be done easily in ASP.Net since the source code and html code of the application are separate
- The platform is language independent
MEAN Stack vs PHP vs .Net: A detailed comparison
Speed & Performance
When it comes to speed and performance, MEAN Stack is the clear winner. MEAN Stack is built on top of Node.js, which is a much faster platform than PHP or .Net. As a result, MEAN Stack applications run much faster than PHP or .Net applications.
Ease of Use
MEAN Stack is also the easiest of these three technologies to use. PHP and .Net require a lot of configuration and setup before you can start developing with them. MEAN Stack, on the other hand, comes with everything you need to get started right out of the box. Moreover, you can also hire a PHP developer to build efficient applications.
All three of these technologies are secure, but PHP and .Net have a few more security features than MEAN Stack. PHP and .Net both come with built-in security features that help to protect your applications from attacks.
MEAN Stack is a much more scalable platform than PHP or .Net. With MEAN Stack, you can easily add new features and functionality to your application without having to rewrite your entire codebase. As a result, MEAN Stack applications are much easier to scale than PHP or .Net applications. Moreover, you can also hire a MEAN stack developer to create efficient applications.
MEAN Stack is a much cheaper platform than PHP or .Net. With MEAN Stack, you can develop your application using open source software, which is free to use. As a result, MEAN Stack applications are much less expensive to develop and maintain than PHP or .Net applications.
PHP and .Net have more support than MEAN Stack. PHP and .Net are both well-established technologies with a large community of developers who can offer support and guidance. MEAN Stack, on the other hand, is a relatively new technology with a smaller community of developers. Moreover, you can also hire a .NET developer to build dynamic applications.
After comparing MEAN Stack vs PHP vs .Net, it is clear that MEAN Stack is the best choice for most web development projects.
MEAN Stack is faster, easier to use, and more scalable than PHP or .Net. In addition, MEAN Stack is a cheaper platform to develop and maintain than PHP or .Net. However, PHP and .Net have more support than MEAN Stack.
PHP and .Net are the most popular technologies with a large community of developers who can offer support and guidance. MEAN Stack, on the other hand, is a relatively new technology with a smaller community of developers.
Ultimately, the best choice for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences. If you need a fast, easy-to-use, and scalable platform, then MEAN Stack is the best choice. However, if you need a platform with more security features and support, PHP or .Net might be a better choice.
- Flexible hiring model
- Experienced developers
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What are the pros and cons of using PHP for web development?
There are a few reasons why PHP is a popular choice for web development:
- It’s a relatively easy language to learn, which makes it a good option for beginner developers.
- Along with a greater usuage, there’s a large community of developers who can offer support and advice.
- It has powerful features that allow you to create sophisticated websites and applications.
However, there are also some downsides to using PHP:
- It can be slow and inefficient when compared to other languages.
- Its code is not as concise or elegant as some of the alternatives.
- The language is not always stable, which can lead to problems during development.
Q2. Why should you choose .NET for your next web development project?
Features that make .NET an attractive choice for web development include:
- A sound object-oriented design principle that helps keep code maintainable and scalable
- A large and supportive community
- Comprehensive documentation
- An integrated development environment in Visual Studio
- Support for multiple programming languages
Q3. What is MEAN stack development?
Download Your FREE e-Guide NOW!
Discover What, Why & How of "" with this FREE e-Guide!