HTML5 has changed the way websites are designed and built using the markup language making websites interactive and smarter. Mobile websites too have benefited from this awesome technology as smartphone users enjoy the same browsing experience as their desktop/laptop base peers. In today’s world, there is a huge craze for mobile web and application development as the user base is growing at a phenomenal rate. In fact, in the coming years, mobile based Internet usage would overshadow traditional desktop/laptop browsing. HTML5 has emerged as the frontrunner in the race when it comes to mobile development. Let us take a closer look at some of the reasons why this markup language is useful for mobile development.
- HLML5 helps developers to generate cleaner and consistent codes that can be used across multiple platforms by default. This means the same codes can be applied across platforms such as iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, etc. saving development costs and helping businesses target large customer base.
- HTML5 allows developers to create highly responsive websites that detect the devices being browsed with and render a version of the website on the basis of browser, screen resolution and screen size. Thus, all users get a wholesome browsing experience irrespective of the device they use to browse the website.
- Along with HTML5, the developers also make use of CSS3 styles. CSS3 based animation reduces the size of the app, which improves the speed of the application and puts less load on the mobile processor. Thereby improves the overall performance of the device.
- This technology has taken web development to the next level with the help of support for geo location services. This basically tracks the location of a user and offers solutions as per the locations. For example, if you are looking for a gas station the search results would offer you results of gas stations near your place.
- Audio and video components are being increasingly used in websites these days. With HTML5, you can easily integrate rich audio and video media via native code only. You won’t have to make use of Flash or Silverlight to run videos on the mobile website.
Mobile development using HTML5 need high levels of skills and expertise on the part of the developer and you should always be choosy in outsourcing your project. Make sure you verify the credentials of the firm beforehand by taking a look at their portfolio. Interview the developers who are likely to work on your project and discuss your needs with them in detail and ask for the kind of solutions they would offer. This will help you get the perfect mobile website that is compatible with all mobile browsers and smart phone platforms.