Image Source: Data Science Central
Java is a very powerful object-oriented programming language. It has been one of the most popular languages for Java web development, as well as other types of software. Java also runs on many platforms, including Android and iOS devices, desktops, servers, etc.
Important Features of Java
- Classes: Classes in Java provide the ability to create objects with data and behavior attached. For example, a person’s class might contain two data fields: name and age. It could also have methods that would get the current age of the person or convert their name to uppercase letters.
- Javadoc Comments: Javadoc Comments are a specialized type of Java comment which can provide additional information about the class and its methods, including what parameters it takes, return values, or exceptions.
- Data Types: Java has a variety of data types that include the usual numeric and string values, but also boolean, byte (a small integer), char (single characters), long (larger integers), and many more.
- Operators: Expressions in Java can be manipulated with various operators. For instance, multiplication (*) or division (/).
Image Source: Creative Blog
- Statements Looping: JS statements such as for, while, and do can be used to execute a group of instructions repeatedly.
- Events Handling: Events can be used with a form control such as an input field, radio button, or checkbox that enables it to respond when clicked on by the user. For instance, a form with text fields may come pre-equipped with an “OK” button that is triggered by the user clicking on it.
Worldwide Most Used Programming Languages Among Developers (2021)
Image Source: Statista
However, both technologies come under the top 5 position when it comes to using the best programming languages for web app development.
Usage of Both Languages In Website Development
Image Source: w3techs
Seeing the above stats, if you want to make a web app using Java, avail of Java development services from the best and top-rate Java development company.
9809 corporations reportedly use Java in their tech stacks, including Uber, Airbnb, and Google.
Image Source: StackShare
Image Source: StackShare
The other most important similarity is compiling the code of these two technologies; we need compilers to convert high-level language code into low-level system codes.
Image Source: Mobisoft Infotech
2. Development Time
In terms of development time, both JS and Java take the same time to develop a web app but still, here Java wins as it is easy and fast for development.
3. Data Structures
4. Front-end Development
5. Back-end Development
Similarly, in the case of Java, it comes with its own set of tools and frameworks for back-end development purposes. Java is a compiled programming language that allows developers to write less code, but it also makes the entire process of debugging slow.
Also, this technology runs on other platforms like Android, which makes it more useful for mobile application development too.
7. Community Support
Java has a huge number of supporters worldwide, as it is known to be the best object-oriented programming language. It offers many advantages in terms of development, performance, and other technical aspects making Java popular among software engineers.
In the long run, it is advisable to choose either of them depending upon your project requirements. Java has been widely used among developers. It offers many advantages in terms of performance and development time apart from its wide popularity.