What is Google App Engine? – A Managed Platform to Scale Large Applications
Everyone wants to focus on code instead of managing the infrastructure. It is possible only with cloud computing or using PaaS platforms. To unleash the potential of cloud computing, it is required to dive deeper and understand all the features, working methodology, and favorable consequences of a particular technology.
PaaS platforms make coding and deployment easier for users. The set of tools and services offered by PaaS platforms are also a great way to eliminate the complexity of scalability and security issues that let the developers focus on the development. These aspects are making PaaS platforms popular, and several platforms are currently providing their services to users.
According to MarketReportsWorld, the global PaaS market will grow at a CAGR of 24.17% during 2019-2023 and will get valued at 28.4 billion USD by the end of 2023.
Google App Engine abbreviated as GAE is also a Platform as a Service(PaaS) and cloud computing platform that lets developers build and deploy web apps. The applications, built through Google App Engine development are scalable, which makes it possible to scale them vertically and horizontally. In 2008, App Engine came into existence for producing and hosting web applications. Each day, it serves around 350+ billion requests.
Some Interesting PaaS Facts
- 90% of companies purchasing public cloud IaaS will do so from an integrated IaaS and platform as a service (PaaS) provider and will use both the IaaS and PaaS capabilities from that provider.
- 4,195 companies use platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) for designing and developing scalable web applications.
What Features Google App Engine Development Offers?
Businesses from multiple industry verticals are using Google App Engine development for unleashing the potential of cloud computing. GAE is jam-packed with features that benefit ventures from small-scale start-ups to a billion-dollar enterprise for building and deploying applications.
- Languages and platforms like Java, Python, .NET, PHP, Node.js, Go, and Ruby are available to build applications.
- Flexible to bring your own custom container using any programming language or library.
- Customarily development features like data storage, process management, retrieval & search, computation, communications, management, and app configuration.
- Innovative development features like App stats Analytics, Task Queue Tagging, MapReduce, Restore/Backup/Datastore Admin, O_Authentication, PageSpeed, Task Queue REST API, and OpenID.
- Fully managed environment to focus on code instead of managing the infrastructure or resources.
- Traffic splitting option to split your traffic between two different versions, and for doing A/B testing and incremental feature rollout.
- App Version Deployment to host different versions of your app, and easily create development, test, staging, and production environments.
- Automatic Scalability feature that not only saves your time but also conserves the development cost.
Google App Engine development could help in creating web applications that are highly scalable. It just needs a Google account to get started and allow the developers to register the first 25 applications for free.
It could be pivotal for your business to make most of it using an app. For developing a scalable and secure app, GAE will be a great option. So, start the development or contact ValueCoders, one of the best IT outsourcing companies in India whose team of experts offers Google App Engine services to deliver core business values.